BLOOD BANK PHLEBOTOMIST II - Fixed Site
SunCoast Blood Bank has an open opportunity for a blood bank phlebotomist to be a part of our extraordinary team.
Hours or Shift:
Full-Time; Fixed Site schedule and reporting location to meet department needs
High school or equivalent experience
None; prefer medically related licensure or certification
2 years phlebotomy, medical, customer service or equivalent experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Greets and registers donors and patients. Assists with various donor recruitment activities.
- Determines donor suitability.
- Performs phlebotomy for the collection of whole blood units or samples.
- Participates in training and apprentice activities in preparation for the operation of automated equipment to collect red cells and plasma.
- Provides post-donation care and instructions, including treatment of adverse reactions.
- Assures proper storage of blood during collection operations and prepares for transport.
- Performs QC, maintenance, calibration and validation of section equipment. Reports malfunction or deviation to crew chief.
- Monitors and maintains inventory of supplies. Reports inventory levels to crew chief.
- Meets established collection goals.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Maintains a clean, safe and organized work environment.
Please apply at https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/index.php?/job/apply&clientkey=499F8FB2132431F0DF8E2684FF0D251A&job=19058&jpt=