5 Ways YOU Can Save Lives
Did you know less than 5% of Americans donate blood? It's considered a "good day" when there is a 3 day supply of blood products on the shelves.
Help us spread the word about our life-saving mission!
1) Give Blood or Platelets and Give REGULARLY!: This is probably the most obvious. you can donate blood every 56 days. That's 6 times a year and since each donation can save up to 3 lives, that is potentially 18 lives YOU could save each year. Platelets can be donated every 2 weeks up to 24 times a year. To learn more about blood and platelet donation, CLICK HERE, or call 1-866-97-BLOOD.
2) Give the Message: Share with others the importance of blood and platelet donations. Our website is an excellent educational tool with blood facts and answers to frequently asked questions. Click here to learn more!
3) Give Time: Host a mobile blood drive at your work, church, civic group or other organization. By asking others to give, you are helping to save lives!
To host a drive, contact Ginger Fudge: email@example.com or 941-954-1600 x 612
4) Give a Hand: Volunteer! It can be anything from folding shirts, working on spreadsheets, waive signs at blood drives, or even building a gingerbread house!
To volunteer, contact Joan Leonard: firstname.lastname@example.org or 941-954-1600 x 150
5) Give Financially: Many people don't realize that SunCoast is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit. SunCoast relies on financial donations to keep up with the costs associated with acquiring new technology and equipment.
To learn more or give financially, CLICK HERE or send payments to: SunCoast Blood Bank, Attn: Development, 1760 Mound St, Sarasota, FL 34236